Make Shift Happen
Are you a shift disturber? A Changemaker in waiting?
You bet your maple flavoured bacon you are!
Get ready to join us and learn more about #CHANGETHENOW.
Shift That is Happening (Right Now!)
Not quite sure where to start yet? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Just start by checking out the latest news, events and social media conversations to explore and follow along. Once you are ready to put your ‘shift where your mouse-click is’ we’ll be here.
- Mon Jan 21 at Gergian College Barrie
- Wed Jan 23 11:00 am - 1:00 pm at Georgian College Orillia
- Thu Jan 24 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm at Gergian College Barrie
- Wed Jan 30 11:00 am - 1:00 pm at Georgian College Orillia
- Thu Jan 31 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm at Gergian College Barrie
- Tue Mar 5 at Gergian College Barrie
- Wed Apr 10 at Gergian College Barrie
Follow and Share with us on-line!
Use the hashtag #CHANGETHENOW and we'll find you
News & Blogs
Count Down To The Unconference Challenge March 5th, 2019
One who desires change in the world and by gathering knowledge and resources makes that change happen.
What is the Changemaker Challenge?
The key activity of the #CHANGETHENOW movement is a social hack conceptualized as The Changemaker Challenge. The #CHANGETHENOW Changemaker Challenge is oriented toward students (K to postsecondary) faculty, teachers, staff and community partners so they might envision, create and enact activities and programs that will help tackle a wicked community problem and result in increased well-being across the region.
Who are the organizers?
#CHANGETHENOW is a partnership between Georgian College, the Simcoe Country District School Board, and Ashoka Canada.
Who do I contact for more information?
Email us at the Centre for Changemaking and Social Innovation at Georgian College - firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you information you need or find the person that has it!
How do I get involved?
There are many ways to participate in the #CHANGETHENOW movement.
- a) JOIN: by taking the Changemaker Pledge
- b) SIGN-UP AND SHARE: Interested participants can sign-up to receive information about events or follow and share on social media.
- c) ATTEND: Individuals can participate and attend any number of events hosted through the year including Story Cafes, the Un-conference and of course the #CHANGETHENOW Changemaker Challenge.
- d) LEAD: #CTN Team leaders sign up to join the #CHANGETHENOW Changemaker Challenge to gain access to the 1) Changers Gonna Change It KitTM 2) associated support resources and; 3) events held throughout September to April, the duration of the Challenge.
Who can participate?
We are looking for community Changemakers! You could be a student from (K-12), a parent, a teacher, faculty, staff, community partner, community group - there is a role and place for everyone.
We need Changemaker Challenge Teams - this can consist of any combination of the above!
We need Changemaker Mentors and Experts - we are looking for community leaders that have knowledge and resources that can support our Changemaker Challenge Teams through October to April.
We need Changemaker Champions - we need people to spread to word, support, share and volunteer to talk about what is happening and share the love!
What happens in April 2019?
As a community we will come together with our ideas generated through the Changemaker Challenge and present our solutions at Research, Innovation and Scholarship Day at Georgian College in Barrie. This event is designed to celebrate creativity, innovation and new ways to make our communities and economies better places for all.